New from Haba - musical character rattles and musical puppets
BUILT BY BOEING
Our beautiful building (200 SW Michigan Street) was constructed in 1929 and served as the Boeing Corporation's original headquarters following its startup days on the shores of Lake Union. It was part of several buildings known as "Plant 1."
Bill Boeing purchased the Duwamish River site for Plant 1 from a bankrupt shipyard builder for $10 dollars in 1909 and with an unwavering entrepreneurial spirit, built his company on the site over the next 50 years. The third floor served as Bill Boeing's office and housed many of Boeing's engineers and administrative staff. It is one of two remaining buildings from Plant 1. The other, Red Barn Building 105, was relocated to Museum of Flight in the 1970s when the majority of Plant 1 was sold to the Port of Seattle.
The SEATTLE MART is proud to call it our home and carry its spirit forward into a new chapter.